Pages

2.05.2010

Love song kind of day.

Valentines day brings out the best and the worst in people.

Everyone chooses a side.

Flowers, boys to men, and cliche declarations of affection vs night of hating the world, watching horror movies and listening to your roommates moan about how the opposite gender has ruined their lives.

 
This represents a horror movie, not boys to men, although that one music video where they wear matching flannel is a kind of horror movie- also if someone could put this on a tee shirt for me, that would be much appreciated. 


This is especially true at BYUI where falling in love is a top priority categorized just below breathing and right above personal hygiene.

 
 told ya so


I am okay with this as long as I am allowed to flip flop sides. Some times I love Valentines day, sometimes I hate it.

Believe it or not, this has pretty much nothing to do with whether I have a current love interest or not.

I am just a bandwagoner when it comes down to it. Its like all those people who start cheering for USC in the middle of the season when it is obvious they are going to win their conference.

I only have extremely cliche things to say about Valentines day- (i.e. why don't we remember to make the people we love feel special every day and that pink and red are a horrible color combination 80% of the time)

So basically, I enjoy Valentines day pretty much for the entertainment value.

 
My mom used to tell me that boys grow up, now she tells me to not be so picky. 

3 comments:

  1. Remember last year? When you went to the ball? hahahahaha. If you decide you hate it this year, I can give you my Valentine's Day Sucks mix haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart this blog, oh so much. And you. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your blog changes like every time I read it ;) lol
    I am with you on the valentines thing actually, I pretty much enjoy loving or hating it depending on the people I'm with. It'll be weird this year to be with my family for it-back to fuzzy socks, bear hugs and giant chocolate hearts (or maybe not as they've all decided to diet and are losing weight like crazy) which will probably end with horror movies at a friends house. Who say's you can't go to both extremes eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete