Pages

6.22.2010

Jezka’s media diet

I decided to publish a sample of my media diet so future generations could appreciate the goodness of being a gluttonous consumer of beautiful things in 2010. This is what I am partaking of this week:

words 

indefensefood_cover_med
This book was written based on a series of editorials the author wrote for the New York Times. Jealous. Someday, when I am a columnist for the New York Times I will write equally groundbreaking things and I will probably walk around talking on my bluetooth, saying things like “ unencumbered” and “sesquipedalian.”
cover_300 This image is on the cover of REAL SIMPLE for July 2010. If you don’t read this magazine, don’t even bother trying to be a successful person, because  everyone who reads it is WAY ahead of you.


scroll2 Duh. Check out http://byuicomm.net/story.php?c=1606 for my latest column. Also, check out the rest of the site- it is good stuff.


VOCV00102XR0 I actually think the book reviews in Vogue are awesome. Plus, it's pretty. However I can NOT  understand how Anna Wintour is the Editor in Chief. I realize much smarter people than I think of her as Gods gift to fashion journalism but I basically have to staple my eyelids to my forehead to make it through one of her letters from the editor.




moving pictures
letters-to-juliet-poster-0 A sappily-ever-after love story brought into being for the sole purpose of creating false expectations. You will leave the theater believing in things like unicorns and hassle-free international travel . Nevertheless, I loved this movie and would recommend it to the cotton-candy-Princess-Diaries crowd, and anyone who survived high school without Shakespeare hatred.

high_fidelity Movie I REALLY want to see, but it is rated-R. If you, someone you know, or someone someone else knows, knows where I can track down an edited copy I will reward you with five minutes of uninterrupted eye-contact.


who_the_bleep_is_jackson_pollock New favorite documentary. Scratch that, first favorite documentary, I’m  becoming more cerebral, therefore I must now watch documentaries. Also, I will probably start eating more soy-based products. If you are into abstract expressionism, or beautiful things at all, you should check this out. While you are at it, this website is awesome- http://www.jacksonpollock.org/ it does cool tricks.

ali-fedotowsky-the-bachelorette-cute-promo-photos
Don’t judge.



sounds
stereomood
Pretty much like Pandora on acid with a Crosby, Stills and Nash-y twist. Seriously the greatest cure for a music rut.  Your stereophonic universe will be revolutionized. ( This sounds like an ad, but I really love this site). http://www.stereomood.com/

Song I am currently obsessed with. It’s cute okay. Remember how we talked about the ‘not judging’ thing?




Games
first-person-tetris This Website will make your life better. Guaranteed. http://firstpersontetris.com/


staples of my daily language intake
mormonnew_york_times_logo pride-and-prejudice2 
The Book Of Mormon
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=e419fb40e21cef00VgnVCM1000001f5e340aRCRD
Another Testament of Jesus Christ. The most perfect book ever written. Seriously, my life. Curious? see the link above or ask.
New york times
http://www.nytimes.com/
Okay, the truth is not everyone can be as pretentious as me, but I do think it is important to read a newspaper everyday and to know what is going on in this wonderful world.
pride and prejudice
I am a female. That pretty much sums it up.



conclusion
There is a lot of good media in the world. Find it. Love it

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:26

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:31

    oh and i'm sure you can find an edited version somewhere! i just don't know where that would be haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. .... thanks jess... i'm suppose to be writing a paper and just spent wayyy too long on your tetris site..
    hahaha

    ReplyDelete